So for starters, the kids have been growing like weeds. Alyssa is now 12 1/2 Megan 10 1/2 and Evan is 5 1/2. Matt and I are both approaching our 38th birthdays this year. WOW WOW WOW...how in the world did I become someone with an age that is anywhere close to 40. Maybe I can just keep having 37th birthday parties for myself?
Above is a recent picture of the fam bam. Well, as recent as December. Just now trying to put this picture in makes me remember why I stopped blogging!! Grrrr, why in the world is it so hard to get my pictures where I want them???? Might need to jump on FB and ask my friends if they have a solution.
So, in an attempt to save my sanity...I'll just plan to NOT put any more pictures in this post so I can actually hit publish.
So much has been going on with everyone in my family since I last posted. I could probably write for a year trying to catch up to speed. Maybe I'll just take an approach like...start with something current. Seeing as it's January...I'll start with a list of my goals for this year.
1. Lose 20 pounds. I've lost 33 already since September and I feel confident that 20 more is an attainable goal. In my head...I'd LOVE to be down 30 more....but I'm trying to be reasonable with myself. If I could wear a bikini in the summer....oh dear lordy would it be great to have a tan belly again. I'd LOVE that!!
2. Focus on my household. I swear this "starter" house of ours that we have lived in for 10 years feels smaller and smaller every day. We've started to buy a bigger house twice...wait..we have actually bought the two other houses....but we keep changing our minds before all is said and done. Regardless...we are still here. We actually love our neighbors and think it might be so hard to leave. I think the focus for me needs to be to getting this house in order. What does that mean......P U R G E!!! First in line....my closet. Time to get rid of all the clothes that don't fit me anymore. I don't plan on EVER fitting in any of those sizes again.
3. Start getting my sweet baby girl ready for high school. I need to do some research as to which HS we are going to send her to. Lots of choices and I need to help her help herself to set her sights on college. I know it sounds early but I don't want to miss anything or be wishing I would have thought about stuff earlier.
4. Get Megan into dance or theater. She's just born to be on stage and I'm doing her a disservice not facilitating that. It's usually an expense reason or good old "time" that stops me when I start thinking about it.I'll put that at the front of the line...should be easy right?
5. Evan is doing so well at school. Maybe for him I should just make a promise to be "in the classroom". Actually all my kids want me there so I think I'll find one day a week to spend time in each kiddos class. I do love being there and really I only have this year and next to be in class with Alyssa.
6. Plan regular dates with Matt. We aren't really good about going on dates. I think it's important. Sure, we have time that the kids are in school when we can go. I'll make good use of that time but will try to preplan some overnight trips as well.
Ok...my fingers are getting tired....or maybe I' just worried if I talk about any more I won't hit "publish".
Hope to blog more really soon!